This is an on-site position working in Lakeland, Florida. Local candidates will only be considered.
We seek an experienced Network Engineering Consultant with Cisco & Juniper experience for a (remote) 6-month to one-year contract. In this position, you will leverage your 10+ years of Network Engineering experience to support our customer's large enterprise network. You will work closely with engineering management to diagnose current network issues and provide long-term solutions to ensure network reliability.
To be considered for this position you will need the following experience:
- At least 10 years of experience as a Network Engineer including routers, switches, hubs, wireless networks, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a large, enterprise environment
- Experience providing Tier 3 technical support
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications including:
- Ethernet Switching (Spanning Tree)
- Redundancy Protocols (HSRP VRRP)
- Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware including:
- Ethernet switches; Juniper, Cisco, Aruba
- Cisco & Juniper Router
- Firewalls: Juniper, Netscreen, Checkpoint
Possess a systematic approach to isolate and resolve network issues, including using tools like packet analyzers, network monitoring systems, and logging tools.
Strong critical thinking abilities, solid troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Experience with the Junos Network Operating System is preferred but experience with Ciscos routers and switches will be considered
- Cisco routers (72xx, 76XX)
- Edge routers (3900/2900/4300)
- Cisco switches (6500/3750/3560/3850/ Nexus)
- Juniper MX series Ethernet routers
- Juniper firewalls (SRX branch/SRX data center)
- Juniper switches (EX/4200’s/8200/9200/QFX)
- Routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF)
- Redundancy protocols (VRRP HSRP)
Experience with SolarWinds/Orion
- Wireshark – able to capture and read packet captures
Python scripting experience preferred
U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates, transfer a visa or provide sponsorship, at this time.
For more info please contact Felecia Hoffman-Crum, Sr. IT Recruiter 📞 813.488.4987 📭 Felecia@ritatech.com