Data Science Manager
Onsite - Jacksonville,FL
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Data Science Manager to join its growing team of IT and Business professionals. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
NLP Logix strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through cutting edge technology offerings, creative custom problem solving, and rapid delivery of our modeling assets to meet our customers’ needs.
The Data Science Manager will serve a critical role in the business operations and in delivering high-quality solutions to our customers. The Data Science Manager will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and delivery world-class software solutions. The position will lead and be responsible for growing a team with a diverse set of development, modeling, and analytic skills. The position will also require being the technical leader on a variety of medium to large sized modeling and analytics projects.
The Data Science Manager will work with their leader to foster a department and company culture that is second to none.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Manage a team of 8-10 high caliber software engineers building Data Science solutions across a variety of different industries.
· Provide supervision for technical team resources.
· Recruit, interview, hire, onboard, train and mentor new employees.
· Interface with internal and external customers to understand requirements, help set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Own and report on all operational metrics that quantify team performance.
· Set goals for performance and deadlines.
· Define employee career paths and responsible for developing team’s talent and capabilities.
· Interfacing with internal teams to coordinate resources across projects.
· Drive improvements in the software engineering practice.
· Handle team conflicts as they arise.
· Work with project team on estimation and prioritization
· Work with project team on resource planning and project deliverables
· Communicate solutions, roadblocks and progress to internal and external stakeholders as needed.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 7+ years related experience in an IT discipline.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
· 4+ years of experience of people management experience, managing engineers.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A passion for people management and mentorship.
· 2+ years of experience in advanced analytics, predictive modeling, machine learning or other related Data Science field.
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.