Data Science Manager
Full time - Jacksonville, FL - Onsite/Hybrid Work schedule
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Data Science Team Lead to join its growing team of IT and Business professionals. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
NLP Logix strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through cutting edge technology offerings, creative custom problem solving, and rapid delivery of our modeling assets to meet our customers’ needs.
The Data Science Team Lead will serve a critical role in the business operations and in delivering high-quality solutions to our customers. The Team Lead will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and delivery world-class software solutions. The position will lead and be responsible for growing a team with a diverse set of development, modeling, and analytic skills. The position will also require being the technical leader on a variety of medium to large sized modeling and analytics projects.
The Data Science Team Lead will work with their leader to foster a department and company culture that is second to none.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for data science projects
- Selecting proper modeling approaches, frameworks and tools
- Define and implement data science solutions to customer problems
- Decompose solutions into units for estimation, planning and work tracking purposes
- Create and review solution designs
- Provide technical mentorship for junior team members and interns
- Provide team leadership for 3-5 data science team members
- Provide supervision for technical team resources
- Create career paths for technical team resources and evaluate progress
- Work with team members to set goals for employee development
- Empower a positive team culture
- Ensure productive cross-team and intra-team communication
- Assess shortcomings in develop workflow and identify areas for improvement
- Handle team conflicts as they arise
- Work with project team on estimation and prioritization
- Work with project team on resource planning and project deliverables
- Communicate solutions, roadblocks and progress to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 7+ years related experience in an IT discipline.
- Expert understanding of programming concepts and general software development principles
- Strong understanding of the application and interpretation of statistics
- Expert understanding of core machine learning concepts (train/test split, fit/predict, supervised/unsupervised, case table, features)
- Strong understanding of database design principles using RDS and/or NoSql
- Expert (5+ yrs) professional experience with the python programming language
- Expert (5+ yrs) experience with python Data Science packages (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, numpy, scipy, keras)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with additional programming languages (c#, c++, R, java)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using SQL DML statements
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using version control (i.e. git)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using IDEs (i.e. VS Code)
- Advanced (4+ yrs) experience with cloud computing environment (i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Strong (2+ yrs) experience using data to tell a story or explain an idea
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.