Software Engineer III - Data Science
Full time, onsite/hybrid - Jacksonville, FL
NLP Logix is recruiting for a Software Engineer III to join its growing team of IT and business professionals on the Data Science team. This position is for a full-time employee, will be based out of Jacksonville, FL and will require less than 10% travel.
NLP Logix is a Data Science services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics which serves a variety of industries and customers across the United States.
The Software Engineer III will work closely with other members of the NLP Logix team to implement and deliver world-class software solutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Work with other members of the NLP Logix team to clearly understand business needs and translate those needs into development solutions.
· Develop end-to-end solutions with the help of other team members and implement those solutions as customer deliverables.
· Work directly with customers to effectively communicate the solution progress and timelines and guarantee solution efficacy.
· Be able to monitor solution performance long-term and develop enhancements as needed.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 5+ years related experience in an IT discipline.
· Advanced understanding of programming concepts and general software development principles
· Strong understanding of the application and interpretation of statistics
· Advanced understanding of core machine learning concepts (train/test split, fit/predict, supervised/unsupervised, case table, features)
· Strong understanding of database design principles using RDS and/or NoSql
· Advanced (4+ yrs) professional experience with the python programming language
· Advanced (4+ yrs) experience with python Data Science packages (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, numpy, scipy, keras)
· Strong (2+ yrs) experience with additional programming languages (c#, c++, R, java)
· Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using SQL DML statements
· Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using version control (i.e. git)
· Strong (2+ yrs) experience with using IDEs (i.e. VS Code)
· Advanced (4+ yrs) experience with cloud computing environment (i.e. AWS, GCP and Azure)
· Strong (2+ yrs) experience using data to tell a story or explain an idea
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.