Director of Credit and Cage
Job Title: Director of Cage and Credit Operations
Location: Blackhawk, CO
The incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for the overall operations and compliance of the cage department processes and policies.
The incumbent, as with all members of the properties, provides excellent customer service to all guests and Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
· Overall responsibility and management of high-volume cage operations of including contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of assets maintained in the cage and other designated locations.
- Full responsibility for compliance with applicable federal, state, regulatory and gaming internal control standards, including the effective implementation of all Title 31 and anti-money laundering regulatory requirements such as currency transaction reporting, suspicious activity reporting, and "know your customer" requirements.
- Responsible for the development, training and mentorship of Cage Manager and Cage leaders, to ensure all Team Members have the requisite knowledge and accountability for execution of their job duties.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass compliance with company policies and culture.
- Ensures round-the-clock presence of adequate management and/or supervision, as well sufficient staffing levels that enables the Cage to meet the high levels of customer service
- Identifies vulnerabilities, updates policies and procedures to mitigate exposures, and ensures compliance by all Cage Team Members
- Participation in drop count verification.
- Plans for adequate operating cash and reserves in the Vault.
- Develops the department’s annual budget and diligently plans day-to-day operations in a manner that effectively manages departmental costs.
- Serve as the liaison between property and company functional areas and project stakeholders.
- Upon approval by the State of Colorado, introduce and implement processes and procedures for extension of credit to the patrons, and all related procedures as determined by Colorado Division of Gaming Internal Control Minimum Procedures and company policy.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
· Bachelors Degree in related field or comparable experience.
· Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in casino cage, which includes a minimum of 5 years leadership experience.
· Minimum of 3 years casino credit experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Able to obtain a Colorado Division of Gaming Key License.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
· Paid Time Off
· 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
· Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
· Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
· 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
· Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
· 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
· Free Covered Parking
· Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
· Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
· Career Development and Advancement Programs
· Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
· Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of the team, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!