The Tax Preparer will prepare tax returns for individuals, companies, or organizations. The Tax Preparer may also assist accountants with preparation of returns for complex businesses, trusts, and nonprofit organizations. They will be able to find creative solutions where there were none before - like identifying ways that can generate legal savings for the clients.
The ideal candidate will have their CPA and/or EA certification. Will have experience with income tax preparation for small businesses, S and C Corporations, partnerships. individual, and non-profit returns. Able to create tax estimates, tax plans, and resolution of IRS notices for clients.
In addition to preparing tax returns, this position will have responsibilities in the area of accounting:
- Evaluating potential client accounting and tax records, be able to explain in writing to a potential client the findings of your evaluation including opportunities for tax savings.
- Using QuickBooks Online and other software (Sage, Xero) to catch up accounting records for new clients (back-work); be able to reconcile accounts and produce financial reports for clients in a variety of industries.
- Assist with monthly or quarterly financial client report reviews.
- Work with Accounting Manager to streamline accounting and tax department processes and procedures.
- As needed, assist bookkeeping staff with questions about daily tasks, such as depreciation and adjusting journal entries required.
M-Th 8AM - 5 PM Friday you're off at 1 PM
Off season you'll work 30 hours and during tax season you'll work 40+