audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing our fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners. Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year.
audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. We are committed to developing internal talent and fostering a long-term team of talented media professionals. Advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
About Our Next Project Manager, Production:
audiochuck is always looking for ways to take our production to the next level! As a Project Manager on our Production team, you will oversee the day-to-day operations for audiochuck shows and ensure the production process is carried out smoothly from concept to delivery. In this role, you will be responsible for managing both projects and shared resources simultaneously to bring shows and projects to life. You will maintain and create production schedules, and serve as the main point of contact for our reporting, research, fact check, writing, sound, and production teams.
What this role will bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in a project manager or equivalent role
- Experience in media, podcast / TV / film production (preferred)
- Proven track record for managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and working with multiple vendors and departments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-oriented approach to solving complex challenges
- Strong operations track record and mindset
- A sense of vigilance - the ability to keep a close eye on schedules to ensure the production process for both individual episodes and shows occurs seamlessly
- Exceptionally strong follow-up skills and a dedication to closing the loop
- Proven track record of building processes, driving innovation, and fostering collaboration across teams
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from a leading network for true crime podcasts
Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Comprehensive benefit plan
401(k) retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Team events and activities
Relocation package, where applicable
What You’ll Do
- Directly support the Director of Production
- Work on various assigned projects for the Production Department
- Manage the production team’s workflow by assigning deadlines and preparing schedules
- Manage show schedules and team workflows in order to hit key production deadlines
- Solve problems and manage processes for audiochuck’s slate of shows, improving current production flow, systems, and processes to increase efficiency
- Field incoming questions and requests from all sides, resolving wherever possible and escalating as needed
- Manage production request process on a weekly basis, interfacing with key partners, hosts, and other team members and key stakeholders as needed to turn around requests on time
- Elevate audiochuck’s production processes, regularly auditing and improving the health of our people & processes for each department
- Plan and organize the smooth, effective, and efficient running of audiochuck’s weekly and seasonal shows, jumping between strategic and tactical project management as needed to ensure production happens as seamlessly as possible
- Develop and disseminate status, progress, and performance reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to trickle information up and down as needed
Does this role sound like you? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that briefly answers the questions below.
- Why are you interested in working with audiochuck?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- What is a cause / issue you're passionate about solving?
Work location: This role is a full-time onsite, in-person position located in Indianapolis, Indiana.