audiochuck is seeking a Podcast Scriptwriter to join our team
This is a full-time, in-person position located in Indianapolis, IN. Although this position is based onsite in Indianapolis, traveling to conduct in-person interviews around North America is also required.
Audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing our fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners. Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year.
audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. We are committed to developing internal talent and fostering a long-term team of talented media professionals. Advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
About the role:
audiochuck is seeking a seasoned storyteller who loves research and can write suspenseful and compelling stories. Our ideal candidate is someone who can capture the voices of our hosts, the style, the story flow, and story elements, and the spirit of advocacy for victims of violent crime and their families within their writing. This role could work on multiple audiochuck shows including the top true crime podcast in the world - Crime Junkie and our newest weekly show, The Deck.
This role provides tremendous room for growth and expansion of skills. audiochuck is committed to developing internal talent and developing a long-term team of talented media professionals.
What you bring to the table:
- At least 2 years of experience in scriptwriting or related writing is a plus
- A passion for true crime content and a commitment to sharing these stories responsibly
- Willingness and ability to fact-check information
- Collaborative spirit to work alongside our in-house team of producers, reporters and writers
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage several scripts for multiple shows simultaneously
- Flexibility to pivot and tenacity to find a solution when obstacles arise
- Skills to craft compelling, in-depth stories
- Openness to feedback
- Passion and eagerness to do what it takes to deliver a product that is of service to the victims and their communities
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from the leading network in true crime podcasts
- Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Benefits contribution
- 401(k) retirement plan with match
- Paid time off and bonus mental health days
- Team events and activities
What you’ll do:
- Review research materials and write between 3-4 scripts a month
- Develop and produce scripts that are an extension of audiochuck’s mission and advocacy
- Vet case suggestions for potential episodes and the adjacent advocacy components for Crime Junkie and The Deck
- Collaborate with show writers, reporters, producers, and hosts
- Meet deadlines set by the show’s producer and turn around revisions within the production timeline
Does this role sound like you? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that briefly answers the questions below. Please also submit one sample of your most stellar writing as well.
- Why are you interested in working with audiochuck?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- What is a cause / issue you're passionate about solving?
Work location: This role is a full-time onsite in-person position located Indianapolis, Indiana, are you able to work full time onsite?