audiochuck is seeking a Podcast Audio Editor to join our team.
This is a full-time, in-person position located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing our fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners. Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year.
audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. We are committed to developing internal talent and fostering a long-term team of talented media professionals. Advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
About the role:
audiochuck is seeking a Podcast Audio Editor to join our audio engineering team. This role will be responsible for ensuring top quality sound across our diverse platform of shows while also maintaining and continuing to improve our sound design best-practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Create cutting-edge audio content at the direction of the Supervising Sound Editor and Head of Production
- Extract elements from raw audio to create compelling narratives
- Repurpose content for advertising and marketing along various platforms, hosting sites, and social media
- Create cross-promotional audio materials for both internal shows and external partners
- Extract and clean audio clips from in-field recordings and virtual interviews
- Organize and maintain all audio files in accordance with storage and filing best practices
- Continue to elevate and improve the sound capture and design process from end-to-end
What this role will bring to the table:
- 2-4 years of experience in audio editing (bonus points for podcast experience)
- Experience in creative sound design and mixing
- Proficient in the following:
- Pro Tools
- Audio clean-up and restoration software (iZotope RX is a plus)
- Sound library management
- Stock/library music editorial and licensing
- macOS basics and file management
- Willingness to learn and use a variety of editing software products and platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- An ability to bear in mind both the big picture narrative of a show while also demonstrating meticulous attention to detail
- A team player who is willing to do what needs to be done and is eager to problem-solve
- A willingness to receive feedback and implement changes quickly from a wide variety of sources including producers, hosts, and marketing teams
- A desire to play a role in audiochuck’s mission of producing edge-of-your-seat storytelling that is rooted in advocacy
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from a leading network for true crime podcasts
- Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Benefits contribution
- 401(k) retirement plan with a match
- Paid time off
- Team events and activities
Does this role sound like you? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that briefly answers the questions below.
- Why are you interested in working with audiochuck?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- What is a cause / issue you're passionate about solving?
Work location: This role is a full-time, in person position located Indianapolis, Indiana, are you able to work full time onsite?