audiochuck is seeking a Fact Checker and Researcher to join our team. This is a full-time, in-person position located in Indianapolis, IN.
Audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing our fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners. Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year.
audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. Additionally, advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
About the role:
audiochuck is seeking a Fact Checker and Researcher who is meticulous and detail-oriented – someone we can trust to confirm the accuracy of every script produced within the network. Our ideal candidate not only can verify the facts within a script but can also use high level editorial judgment when reviewing. This role would also be responsible for assembling initial research packets for shows across our network. This role would work on multiple audiochuck shows including the top true crime podcast in the world - Crime Junkie and our newest weekly show, The Deck.
What You’ll Do
- Review scripts across the network before scheduled recording times
- Verify accuracy and correctness of information such as dates and claims within each script based on source material and original reporting done by internal team
- Analyze scripts using editorial judgment to ensure the narrative aligns with our commitment to responsible storytelling and takes fairness, balance, and logic into account
- Assemble research packets with a variety of materials to support our team of scriptwriters
What you bring to the table:
- 1-3 years of fact-checking and/or research experience for a news outlet or academic publication
- Consistent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to distill information into succinct yet comprehensive briefs
- A collaborative spirit to work alongside our in-house team of producers, reporters and writers
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage several stories and scripts for multiple shows simultaneously
- Flexibility to pivot and tenacity to find a solution when obstacles arise
- Openness to feedback
- Passion and eagerness to do what it takes to deliver a product that is of service to victims and their communities
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from a leading network for true crime podcasts
- Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Benefits contribution
- 401(k) retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Team events and activities
- Relocation package, where applicable
This is a full-time, in-person position located in Indianapolis, IN.