audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing our fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners. Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year. audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. We are committed to developing internal talent and fostering a long-term team of talented media professionals. Advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
About Our Next Producer:
audiochuck is always looking for ways to take our production to the next level! We are seeking a proactive and passionate professional to join our incredible production team. This person will manage and execute production for audiochuck’s weekly and seasonal shows. In this role, you will collaborate with audiochuck’s research, writing, fact-checking, and sound teams to bring episodes and shows to life. You will own the end-to-end production process, from pre-production to post-production, for all audiochuck shows, as needed.
What this role will bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a producer or equivalent role
- Experience in media, podcast / TV / film production (preferred)
- Experience creating detailed project plans, managing resources, and coordinating various aspects of the production process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the creative process to help guide the project in the right direction and make informed decisions
- Adept at identifying problems and finding effective solutions quickly
- Hands-on experience in previous productions that provides invaluable insights into the production process and the challenges that may arise.
- Incredible attention to detail & dedication to high-quality output
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from a leading network for true crime podcasts
Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Comprehensive benefit plan
401(k) retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Team events and activities
Relocation package, where applicable
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the production of episodes for your assigned show at both a micro and macro level, ensuring production occurs as seamlessly as possible
- Manage production requirements for your assigned show including but not limited to generating transcripts, assembling audio logs and blog posts, performing audio reviews, supervising recording sessions and post fact-check reviews, distributing content, and creating and maintaining show feeds, trackers, and docs, etc.
- Script copy and content for the show as needed (e.g., episode descriptions, blog copy, segment or solo episode scripts)
- Source, vet, and pitch cases, story ideas, and advocacy opportunities to the Director of Production and Chief Content Officer
- Lead outreach for The Deck by performing outreach emails and calls, centralizing case information, and distributing updates for the team on a routine basis
- Work with the fan engagement team to evaluate episode performance and provide audience insights and show recommendations
- Look for ways to elevate the show based on research and knowledge of what resonates with our community
Does this role sound like you? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that briefly answers the questions below.
- Why are you interested in working with audiochuck?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- What is a cause / issue you're passionate about solving?
Work location: This role is a full-time onsite, in-person position located in Indianapolis, Indiana.