Position independently performs a variety of mechanical repairs, installations, and maintenance on facility equipment, building and utility systems such as R.O Water Systems, Air Compressors, Vacuum Systems and HVAC Systems. This individual works independently on the majority of assignments. Provides proactive support by inspecting equipment for proper lubrication and performing other preventative maintenance duties. Performs regular maintenance checks on problem areas, making repairs and adjustments using the maintenance work order system. Assists in preparing maintenance Clean Room Reports. Performs repairs and maintenance of Manufacturing production equipment such as Labeling and Packaging machines.
- Performs daily maintenance checks and/or repairs on facility and equipment and will provide guidance to other less experienced Facilities Technicians. This ensures that the facility is well maintained and is operating in an optimum manner to support the business demands.
- Performs maintenance task such as mechanical repairs to R.O. Water Systems, Air Compressors, Vacuum Systems and HVAC Systems. Responsible for the appearance of mechanical areas as well as equipment operations. Will work with contractors during scheduled and emergency repair maintenance mechanical systems.
- Coordinates closely with outside contractors and interacts with other organizations to ensure the Company objectives are met. This includes, but not limited to communicating closely with Gliadel Operations, Quality, Calibration Contractors, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing, and other organizations. This ensures that all organizations maintain a focus on optimizing the Company’s assets.
- Responsible for working with the other Facilities Technicians and/or other staff to assist them with repairs requiring more than one person. Also assists with special projects as needed.
- Working understanding of cGMP’s.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Prior responsibility for maintenance (i.e., physical condition) of building (inside and outside)
- Knowledgeable of appropriate construction codes.
- Ability to quickly determine and solve equipment malfunctions.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to lift/carry heavy items (50+ pounds)
- Walking/standing for extended periods of time
- Rotating “on call” and “call in” availability (nights and weekends)
- Valid driver’s license
- Working Conditions include
- Heat, cold and heights
- Dust, fumes, and odors
- Electrical wires or machinery
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Coursework in HVAC, plumbing or general maintenance preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Facilities Maintenance Technician (or comparable role); preferably in the pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging industry.
- Basic computer skills (including keyboarding and Internet Explorer)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Outlook or other e-mail programs
- Knowledge of internet-based supply ordering