The senior research scientist will report directly to the Head of US Research and Development. The successful candidate will handle all areas of pre-formulation work and use the data in PBPK modeling using GastroPlus with a strong emphasis on early formulation development. The candidate will develop experimental designs directly as well as provide technical consultation. The candidate must actively communicate across multiple functional areas including process chemistry, analytical chemistry, and physical chemistry. The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- PhD or MS in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or related field
- Industry experience: 1-3 years for scientists with PhD degree, 3-5 years for M.Sc., A background in physiologically based pharmacokinetic analysis, and formulation process development
- Experience with formulation strategies for PK, GLP Tox and FIH studies
- Display a high-level of innovation and practical ingenuity.
- Always diligent in scientific rigor displaying a high-level of integrity
- Project leadership and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively collaborate with team members and clients and set and manage expectations clearly.
Roles and Responsibilities
· pKa, log P/LogD measurement, pH-dependent solubility, and forced degradation studies
· PBPK modeling
· HPLC method development
· Able to multitask and maintain multiple projects at one time