An established busy law firm is seeking a Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant will provide legal support for the firm, including helping paralegals in their research. The Ideal candidate will have the desire to learn the law and advance in the legal field.
Johnson City, Tennessee
$30,000-35,000 Salary, DOE
The Legal Assistant will be responsible for:
- Answering the phones and helping greet clients as they come into the office.
- Scheduling depositions, mediations, and court reporting.
- Maintaining client files
- Coordinating calendars and schedules for attorneys.
- Working with settlement statements to be sure that all the disbursements are correctly sent to everyone that is owed money once a case is settled.
- Other duties as needed by attorneys.
The Legal Assistant will excel with:
- Administrative/Clerical experience required
- Legal experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent dictation, typing, and computer skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Etc)
- Being organized with good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and work well in a team environment
The Legal Assistant will be rewarded with:
- $30,000-$35,000, dependent on experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Opportunity for career growth
- Working in a supportive team environment!
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This Company uses E-Verify to confirm identity and employment eligibility