Business Tax Attorney with Book of Business for Partnership!
Salary: $100,000 - $160,000 DOE
One of Knoxville, Tennessee's oldest and top law firms, is seeking an experienced Business Tax Attorney with a book of business to join their team and earn their place as a Partner.
As a Business Tax Attorney with a book of business, you will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive legal counsel to our clients on various corporate and business matters, with a particular emphasis on tax-related issues. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients, identifying their tax needs, and providing them with expert advice and guidance on a wide range of tax matters. You will also be responsible for managing your own book of business and generating new leads.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to corporate clients on a wide range of tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and business structuring
- Identify tax-saving opportunities and strategies for clients
- Comply with all relevant tax codes and regulations
- Review and draft contracts and agreements, ensuring tax considerations are appropriately addressed
- Negotiate favorable terms on behalf of clients, protecting their interests while minimizing potential tax liabilities
- Facilitate and advise on business transactions, such as asset purchases, stock acquisitions, and joint ventures, from a tax perspective
- Assess potential tax risks and develop solutions
- Collaborate with clients and other practice groups within the firm to develop comprehensive estate plans that align with their business objectives and tax goals
- Assist in the administration of estates and trusts, ensuring compliance with tax regulations
- Represent clients in tax-related disputes with tax authorities
- Prepare and file necessary legal documents and petitions for tax controversies
- Maintain relations with clients and personalized attention to their unique legal needs
- Communicate complex tax matters in a comprehensible manner
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law in the state of Tennessee
- Active book of business
- 7+ years of experience as an Attorney dealing with tax matters.
- Proven track record of handling complex tax matters and transactions
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Tax Attorney Partner Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- 100% employee-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid parking
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Working in an amazing team environment
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Business Tax Attorney with a book of business looking for establishing yourself as a Partner with a leading firm, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.