Oak Ridge, Tennessee
A rapidly growing law firm is seeking a highly motivated Patent Paralegal to provide expert legal services in the field of intellectual property and offer innovative solutions and personalized support to protect clients’ valuable inventions and ideas.
The Patent Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Partnering closely with our patent attorneys to bolster patent prosecution, litigation, and other facets of intellectual property law.
- Assuming responsibility for maintaining and meticulously organizing patent files, ensuring that all documentation remains current and easily accessible.
- Engaging in thorough research on patent law, regulations, and procedures to facilitate the preparation and formulation of legal strategies.
- Contributing to the creation and refinement of patent applications, responses to office actions, and various legal documents while ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Acting as a primary point of contact, liaising with clients, government agencies, and opposing counsel as necessary, under the supervision and guidance of our attorneys.
- Providing invaluable administrative support by scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and preparing invoices related to patent-related matters
- Employing patent databases and specialized software tools to effectively manage and monitor patent portfolios
The Patent Paralegal will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a preference for a candidate with this qualification, although it is not necessary.
- The ability to climb stairs when the elevator is down.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) coupled with the ability to swiftly adapt to new software and databases.
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in writing, proofread meticulously, and maintain keen attention to detail.
- A high degree of adaptability, showcasing the willingness to learn and embrace new challenges within a fast-paced legal environment.
- Prior experience as a patent paralegal or exposure to patent law is highly advantageous and considered a significant plus.
- The ability to thrive in a team-orientated environment, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the capability to efficiently manage multiple tasks concurrently.
The Paralegal will be compensated with:
- $40,000+ DOE
- Valued work-life balance
- Supportive environment
- Opportunities to grow your career in intellectual property law.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This Company uses E-Verify to confirm identity and employment eligibility