Insurance Defense Paralegal
Location: Tampa, FL downtown (paid parking!)
A high-profile law firm with multiple offices in the state of Florida is seeking an experienced Insurance Defense Paralegal to join the Tampa Area office. Snelling Professional Services is an industry-leading recruiting firm that partners with legal professionals and firms offering great opportunities for career hire placement. We hire for leading firms and career legal professionals. The Paralegal is a direct hire opportunity and will provide legal support for the firm, including helping paralegals in their research. The ideal Paralegal will have experience in Insurance Defense.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Establishing, organizing, and maintaining client files
- Drafting and preparation of correspondence
- Drafting legal documents such as contracts, subpoenas, affidavits, etc.
- Preparing discovery documents and responses
- Preparation of large amounts of medical records and other evidence for trial
- Preparation and organization of electronic court filings and litigation binders
- Procuring medical records and creating medical summaries
- Helping to prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Help to develop cases by interacting with clients and other professionals
- Conducting research, investigating facts
- Maintaining and monitoring calendars
- Keeping track of changes in a legal framework and providing timely updates on these changes
- Other administrative support as necessary to enhance office effectiveness
- Electronic and physical filing
- Answer and direct phone calls if needed
The Paralegal will excel with:
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, preferably with a focus on insurance defense.
- High School Diploma
- Strong understanding of insurance law and procedures.
- Proficiency in legal research and case management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- High level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Familiarity with Florida state and federal court procedures related to insurance defense.
- Experience with electronic discovery (eDiscovery) tools is a plus.
The Paralegal will be rewarded with the following:
- The salary range is $75,000
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Paid parking for Downtown Tampa
- Opportunity for career growth
- Awesome company culture with a supportive team environment!
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This Company uses E-Verify to confirm identity and employment eligibility