An ambulatory clinic is looking for a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) in Alcoa, TN to join their team! This position is a PRN with the possibility of direct hire and offers weekly pay! The ideal candidate will have experience as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant and possess excellent patient care qualities.
$16 per hour
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) will be responsible for:
- Ensuring referrals are within the guidelines of the patient’s insurance company specifications and requirements
· Coordinating and participates in a variety of patient care activities in the examination and treatment of patients including vital signs, blood draws, intake, assisting with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, using standard equipment, and recording data for the medical record.
- Verifying patient insurance coverage and following the insurance company's policies for referral to a specialist
- Preparing patients for examination and treatment, assisting clinicians where appropriate.
- Preparing and sets up medical supplies, instruments, and equipment for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Performing various laboratory testing, daily controls, and additional duties as needed.
- Performing drug screens as needed.
- Attaining records and faxes to specialists as needed
- Advising nursing and MD staff of changes to insurance companies’ referral policies, as they occur
- Assisting nurses with answering phone calls from physician offices and patients
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Performing continuing education requirements and certifications as needed
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) will excel with:
· Associate degree in a medical field minimum High School Diploma
· 6 months minimum of working in a medical office or field
· Training as a medical assistant preferred
- Ability to adhere to insurance carrier's policies, procedures, and protocols regarding the referral of the patient to a specialist
· Certification in PALS, ACLS, BLS is preferred
· Knowledge of MS Office programs required
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Superior customer service skills
· The ability to keep calm and collected
· A high level of professionalism
· Proven record of dependability
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) will be rewarded with:
· $33,280 Annual Salary with $16 per hour and weekly pay
· Possibility for Direct hire
· Rotating Schedule
· Comprehensive benefits available
· Opportunity for career growth!
· Working in a team environment that encourages success!
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This Company uses E-Verify to confirm identity and employment eligibility