WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2003, Infracore takes a high-touch approach to providing end-to-end IT infrastructure support, systems management, network design and security, desktop support, and strategic decision guidance for mid-size, technology-centric companies. We believe in fostering an employee-centered culture through collaboration and providing opportunities, training, and resources for employees to become their most successful self. We stand for each other’s success with core values based on Integrity, Commitment, and Trust.
We are looking for a team leader who is:
- A supportive leader with the ability to inspire and cultivate others by providing mentorship and fiercely guiding their team to success.
- A master problem solver who takes the initiative to come up with new ideas and solutions.
- Not afraid to ask for help and seek different perspectives to achieve the best outcome.
- The ultimate team player who enjoys building effective relationships with clients and team members, encourages sharing ideas and solutions, and stands for the overall team’s success.
- A strategic business partner who stays up to date with current and future solutions across all streams, isn’t afraid to try new things, keeps cool under pressure, and asks questions to learn.
- A key role in helping teams and businesses scale while striving for excellence.
We are looking for an exceptional hands-on IT Manager to lead as a trusted IT advisor and technology strategist to proactively manage the IT infrastructure of an enterprise client environment. This person will manage a team of IT professionals to ensure exceptional service is delivered to our client and create opportunities to stand for the team’s overall success.
Building trusting relationships 10%
- Understands and adapts to Infracore’s mission, core values, and guiding principles.
- Learns Infracore’s client base, business model, products and services in detail.
- Starts building close relationship with VP of Technology Operations and IT Team
- Attends all-hands meeting, leadership development meetings, tech talks, and 1:1 meetings with direct reports and VP of Technology Operations.
- Establish relationship with recruiting team to learn and understand interviewing/recruiting process.
Technology Strategist 20%
- In partnership with VP of Technology Operations and client executives, review/update client’s technology roadmap and IT budget for the next 12-24 months and allocate the appropriate resources and expenses to different areas while keeping in mind initiatives the client wants to achieve and providing insight and guidance on how to achieve those from an IT perspective.
- Perform a deep dive of the client’s entire technology stack to gain strong familiarity with the systems.
- Review all technology vendor contracts in detail and work with VP of Technology Operations to compare pricing to benchmarks and negotiate contracts.
- Audit monitoring system to ensure all critical infrastructure is monitored and appropriate people alerted when systems go down.
- Conducts steering committee meetings with client’s key executives to maintain congruency and buy-in regarding active and upcoming projects and initiatives.
Managing team of people delivering service to the client 20%
- Complete assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of IT team members and develop a growth plan for each team member.
- Proactively communicates and manages expectations of team and self to ensure transparency.
- Manages team capacity and the promises made by the department to the client.
Managing all Infrastructure 50%
- Takes ownership and manage client’s IT department and IT infrastructure, including but not limited to MS365, Windows Server, Active Directory, networking, IaaS platforms (Azure, AWS), service desk and any cyber security programs.
- Architect, deploy and manage Enterprise server, storage, network, data backup, endpoint management, mobile device management and monitoring solutions using a cloud-first approach.
- Completes technical onboarding lab and leadership training orientation.
- Actively participate in Infracore-led efforts to audit and standardize systems (for example, to CIS standards).
- Champion best practices for cybersecurity and infrastructure management, including high availability and multi-factor authentication.
- Act as an escalation point for IT technical issues - step in, troubleshoot and engage vendors with confidence and a creative problem-solving mindset.
- Identify and flag any major risks found for VP of Technology Operations and client follow-up.
- Review and get familiar with any preventative maintenance schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual tasks). If none are present, (new client) work with VP of Technology Operations to establish a “DWMQ” schedule.
- Perform initial assessment of service desk quality and begin to understand what drives ticket volume and where time is spent.
- Ensure Infracore’s service delivery/ticketing standards are being upheld by holding regular ticketing review meetings with IT team.
- Ensure backup systems can reliably recover all client data within timeframes agreed upon by client by completing a backup audit and report at least twice a year.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Current hands-on experience in managing Microsoft 365 ecosystem including Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive, with solid understanding of security measures and ability to architect best practices and policy
- Experience applying cybersecurity measures, such as multi-factor authentication, single sign-on (SSO), Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory, and other RMM and automation tools, SSL certificates, encryption & public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience with creating or contributing to build budgets and roadmaps
- Working knowledge with Windows Server
- Current hands-on experience with Active Directory, Exchange, SAN, VMware/Hyper V, SharePoint, RAID
- Current hands-on experience managing IT infrastructures and understanding of IaaS Cloud solutions; AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge and understanding of DNS, networking (TCP/IP) and routing
- Demonstrated ability to take terminology and concepts of technology and translate that into applied technology solutions in everyday scenarios with professionalism and poise
- Foundational understanding of Wi-Fi networks
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience
- 2+ years of related work experience managing IT teams of 2+
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of IT aspects of common legal compliance programs such as SOX, HIPAA, CCPA and ISO
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST 800 and CIS Top 20
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Work-Life Balance
- Competitive Salary
- Certification path and reimbursement Certification path and reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer paid Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Baby Bonding Leave
- 401(k) matching
- PTO and holiday pay
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development & coaching
- Employee led technical training
- Social events
This role pays $105,000 - $130,000 annually.
Infracore is an equal opportunity employer.