Product Lead - Senior Mechanical Engineer
The company develops high speed packaging machinery for the consumer product industries. They offer the unique opportunity for engineers to create solutions and see the results of their work in operation within a few months. Engineers will interface with all aspects of engineering, design, testing, customer service, and in field trouble shooting.
- Product Line Lead: Act as Lead Engineer and Technical Expert for a core product lines. Oversee assigned engineers on a project-by-project basis.
- Configuration Management: Own and maintain standard options and features. Propose design improvements and cost savings with complete ROI.
- Design and Develop: Take the lead in designing, developing, and supporting high-speed packaging automation machinery specifically tailored for the food and beverage industry.
- Creative Problem Solving: Apply your ingenuity to creatively solve application problems, ensuring customer's products run efficiently on catalog automation solutions.
- Solid Modeling: Utilize solid modeling techniques to create new and improved design solutions, while estimating the costs associated with these designs.
- Design Validation: Create simple yet effective design validation for dynamic systems.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the manufacturing and purchasing teams to seamlessly implement your solutions during the machine build and testing phases.
- Customer Interaction: Interact directly with customers to quickly address any issues and ensure their satisfaction.
- Compliance Assurance: Review and verify customer specifications to guarantee our design is in complete compliance.
- Budget and Schedule Management: Maintain strict adherence to budget and schedule constraints, ensuring projects are completed efficiently.
Optimum Position Requirements:
- Education: A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- Experience: A minimum of 5 to 10 years of mechanical design experience, preferably in a relevant industry. 2-5 years of experience as project lead, overseeing multiple engineers.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong computer skills, including expertise in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. Experience with Avante MRP or EPICOR ERP is a plus.
- Engineering Knowledge: Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and tolerance stack-ups.
- Machining Skills: Knowledge of machine shop practices is advantageous.
- Flexibility: Be prepared for occasional travel of up to 20% for field support and customer interaction.