As a mechanical engineer you will be developing high speed packaging machinery for the consumer product industries. This is a unique opportunity for engineers to create solutions and see the results of their work in operation within a few months. Engineers will interface with all aspects of engineering, design, testing, customer service, and in field trouble shooting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, and supporting high speed packaging automation machinery for the food and beverage industry.
- Creatively solving application problems to enable customer's products to run efficiently on automation solutions.
- Using solid modeling to create new and modified design solutions.
- Estimating the costs of design solutions.
- Working closely with manufacturing and purchasing to implement the solutions during the machine build and testing process.
- Working with customers to ensure that any problems are quickly corrected.
- Reviewing customer specifications to ensure compliance.
- Adhering to budget and schedule constraints.
Optimum Position Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years mechanical design experience.
- Strong computer skills (Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, and Avante MRP experience a plus)
- Knowledge of GD&T, Fixturing, Tolerance Stack-ups
- Knowledge of machine shop practices a plus
- Up to 10% travel may be required.