Machine Design Engineer – Automated Assembly Equipment
This is an exciting opportunity for a machine design engineer who specializes in custom automated assembly equipment. In this role you will design complex automated equipment for a custom manufacturer of automated assembly equipment. You’ll develop process concepts, create the machine design on Solidworks, support debug on the floor, and assist in verification and validation for production readiness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conceptualizing automation projects that satisfy the customer’s product assembly needs.
- Identifying processes that need to be developed and facilitate the proof-of-concept process.
- Developing detailed designs for mechanical assembly equipment, using SolidWorks
- Performing MSA, Gage R&R, capability studies and statistical analysis
- Leading verification and validation
- Analyzing machine components and developing detailed specifications.
- Supporting, and planning validation methods and documentation.
- Creating, documents for assembly.
- Working with the automation team to resolve design or issues uncovered during the de-bugging phase of assembly.
- Checking and approving assembly and detail drawings as part of the SolidWorks PDM vault workflow
- Presenting proposed design at the internal design reviews
- Assisting in assembly and Debug
- Creating Bills of Material from SolidWorks BOM table export
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in special purpose automated machine design
- Expert level in Solidworks
- Applied Experience: Automatic Assembly, Precision Link Conveyors, Indexing Dials, Pallet Systems, Photo Electric Sensors, Switches, Pneumatics, Robots, Leak Test, Flow Test, Electrical Test, Laser Marking, Epoxy Dispensing
- Familiar with PLC's, HMI's, and electrical design to coordinate controls design kick off and monitoring of controls activity