This individual will work in every aspect of the retirement business but will be directly responsible for assigned accounts. Key responsibilities include preparation of review materials, participant communications, proactive client calls, coordination of client service needs with team members and vendors, and above all, client satisfaction.
Reports to: Direct report to Firm Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish working relationship with client point-of-contact; develop and oversee the account service strategy, including regularly scheduled meetings as agreed upon by the client. Prepare agendas, minutes, deliverable tracking, and other project documentation to communicate progress internally and externally.
- Address client needs, develop action plans, and consult on products, services, and capabilities resulting in added value for clients
- Compliance tracking to ensure clients are fulfilling requirements on a timely basis
- Interpret and explain nondiscrimination testing rules and results
- Identify solutions to failed testing
- Form 5500 reporting & plan audits
- SAR distribution
- Timely notifications on QDIA, safe harbor, etc.
- Fee disclosure notifications
- Maintain CRM system for retirement plans
- Consult on various qualified and non-qualified plan design
- Support Project Manager in the management of NQDC cases:
- Assist in development of customized enrollment packages
- Manage routine data electronically
- Track distribution options
- Facilitate payment of benefits
- Working knowledge of vendor’s websites and available outsourcing services offered
- Take ownership for service issues on behalf of client, work with service vendors to resolve problems.
- Interpret and explain plan provisions and regulations
- Conduct plan expense analysis
- Conduct vendor RFP/RFI, as needed
- Coordinate plan conversions, when applicable
- Prepare analysis of a client's current service agreement and investment contract to the provisions under the proposed conversion.
- Participate in implementation kick off calls and ongoing project meetings with clients
- Make plan provision change recommendations to align with client goals
- Prepare client service agreements and revenue checklists
- Inform clients of product and service enhancements
- New Business - Assist sales representatives with presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in topics such as installation process, ongoing administration, plan design, process and procedures
- Capitalize on all new revenue opportunities for existing clients by developing and executing a successful client management strategy. This should be coordinated with the Project Manager
- Develop and conduct group and individual employee communication meetings
- Build and maintain client service and communication calendars
- Monthly proactive phone calls to clients
- Contribute to and participate in departmental and organization-wide projects and committees designed to enhance service delivery, improve internal training, make recommendations for service improvement, etc.
- Maintain security of transmission or receipt of all e-mails, files, documents, reports, etc. relayed via electronic media
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 licensed
- BA or BS College Degree preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of ERISA
- Five years of retirement industry experience or any combination of education, experience and training that provides knowledge and abilities to perform the job
- Public speaking experience
- Account management or high level qualified plan customer service experience
- Project management experience
- Self-starter with the ability to achieve results independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong typing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in a boardroom setting
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative manner in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Customer focused and responsive
- Ability to conduct effective presentations to various employee demographics
- Strong organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Efficient in project management skills
- Ability to respond professionally and accurately to requests received from a variety of clients
- Ability to travel as needed
§ To perform this job successfully, individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
Working Conditions: Climate controlled open office environment. Travel to client offices and work locations. More travel during periods of heavy activity, such as new client launches and onboarding.