Supports the product realization function through product drawings, models, process development and communication.
- Create and Maintain 3D models of product for the CAM programmer.
- Reverse-engineer customer samples/parts and creates drawings based on these items.
- Create and Maintain process routers based on print requirements
- Create and Maintain SMP and customer drawings
- Ability to multitask and keep projects organized and complete them in the time required
- Wants to participate in daily shop activities to streamline processes and manufacturing
- Willing to learn on a daily basis about SMP products and processes
- 1 year of basic CAD programming preferred.
- Good mechanical abilities and understanding of mechanical concepts.
- Ability to read and understand part drawings.
- Ability to use basic inspection measuring tools.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills including understanding GD&T.
- Good communication, reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
QUALITY, SAFETY and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Understands the Quality Policy and adheres to ISO9001 quality standards as adopted in the Star Metal Products Quality System Manual.
- Understands and adheres to Star Metal Products safety guidelines.
- Understands and accepts the rules of the Star Metal Products company handbook.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as needed (safety glasses, gloves, etc.).
- Required to perform repetitive tasks such as kneeling, bending, reaching overhead and standing for extended periods.
- Maintains proper housekeeping standards.