Managing Director, Marketing and Strategic Growth
New York, NY (Preferred)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Managing Director, Marketing and Strategic Growth (“Managing Director”) will be responsible for amplifying RootOne’s visibility and engagement across North America and play a key role in vastly growing the number of teens participating in Israel travel via RootOne.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Managing Director will lead the marketing team in developing and implementing a clear and comprehensive plan to reach a wider, more diverse population of Jewish teens and their families. The Managing Director will establish and broadcast the brand’s identity and voice, positioning RootOne experiences as highly relevant, beneficial, and unique across the broader teen engagement and travel landscapes.
Key responsibilities include:
Developing and Implementing Growth Strategy
· Conceptualize and implement market research to better understand and reach RootOne’s target audiences, including Jewish teens and their families across North America.
· In collaboration with senior leadership across the organization, drive the creation and execution of a multifaceted and innovative strategy to convert new and diverse leads into participants.
Marketing and Branding
· Develop and operate a marketing plan and structure that is capable of fast iteration, creative positioning, and metrics-driven decision-making across multiple channels.
· Lead the continued development of branding across all platforms, ensuring the market has a strong understanding of RootOne’s value proposition and that all communications maintain an informed and consistent point-of-view.
· Lead, support, inspire, and scale the marketing team, which currently includes a Director of Marketing and Digital Outreach Project Manager.
· Manage the marketing and communications budget of $1M and KPIs on spending effectiveness/ROI.
External Vendor Relations
· Manage RootOne’s working relationship with its current external marketing and communications vendors and determine the need moving forward for utilizing external agencies vs. building and scaling an internal marketing and communications team.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
RootOne is seeking a marketing expert with 10+ years of experience owning a budget and leading a team in a fast-paced, competitive category at a growth-stage startup.
The Managing Director, Marketing and Strategic Growth will be:
· A strategic leader who is relentless for results - you bring the experience and mindset to assess a market, create inspired and actionable plans, and execute swiftly against a goal.
· An entrepreneurial and innovative marketer - you are a risk-taker who can introduce bold, new models for reaching, engaging, and recruiting American Jewish teens and families.
· A savvy brand builder - you have demonstrated success in developing brands from messaging strategy through execution.
· A team leader and collaborator - you have a track record of managing and growing high-performing teams and creating a positive internal culture of teamwork and excellence.
· Passionate about Jewish teen and family engagement - you have an advanced understanding of RootOne’s target markets and working knowledge of Israel experiential engagement.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
RootOne is a start-up on a mission to reconceptualize and elevate the field of teen Israel travel in order to transform the relationship of an entire generation of American Jewish teens with Israel and Israelis. RootOne maximizes the number of American Jewish teens who travel to Israel on immersive experiences and the impact that those experiences by:
· Reducing the financial barriers to participation in Israel experiences.
· Reimagining, redefining, and delivering engagement for Jewish teens through exceptional Israel travel and education experiences in partnership with 50+ providers.
· Innovating in the teen Israel travel pace to increase the relevance of Israel among a much wider and more diverse population of Jewish American teens and their families.
Since 2021, 9,000 North American teens have experienced Israel through RootOne. By 2033, RootOne aims to help 25,000 American Jewish teens deeply connect with Israel each year.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $170,000-$185,000 commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence using this link:
RootOne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this job.