ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Feeding Westchester's mission is to nourish their neighbors in the fight against hunger. As a member of the Feeding America network of food banks and Westchester County’s leading hunger relief organization, the organization has moved more than 19 million pounds of food to agencies and partners across Westchester County, including food pantries, soup kitchens, senior centers, and schools in the last fiscal year. Feeding Westchester, a $35 million organization, has supplied over 16 million meals to children, families, and seniors, mobilized 3,000 volunteers, and raised over $12 million in donations to help end hunger.
As the heart of a network of more than 200 partners, Feeding Westchester sources and distributes food and other resources to communities across Westchester County. Feeding Westchester envisions a community where all people have access to the food they need today, and the fundamental resources to build a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Feeding Westchester’s inaugural Chief Operating Officer (COO) will join a talented senior leadership team and serve as a trusted partner to the CEO. As the organization grew substantially during the COVID-19 pandemic, this newly created position will help ensure that the organization continues to strengthen its team, operations, community engagement, and impact.
The COO will plan, direct, and oversee the organization’s activities in the areas of operations, finance, business solutions, information technology, facilities, contracts, administration, risk management, compliance, legal, programs, and human resources. Key responsibilities will include:
Executive Leadership and Organizational Strategy
• Partner with CEO to establish strategic direction for Feeding Westchester and to create the organization’s goals and action plans.
• Work closely with all senior leaders to translate the overall strategic vision into implementation and operating plans and processes.
• Oversee the Operations, Finance, Business Solutions, Programs, and Human Resources Departments.
Operational, Fiscal, and Technological Oversight
• Manage the design and implementation of the organization’s infrastructure with the goal of creating the systems and efficiencies that promote optimal productivity.
• Advise the CEO and other key members of senior leadership team on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, risks, and resource allocation.
• Ensure appropriate technological business solutions are in place with a plan for maintaining continuous improvement.
• Manage facilities, contracts, administration, compliance, and legal organizational matters.
Programs and External Partnerships
• Oversee the Programs department, providing guidance and strategies to enhance the organization’s non-fundraising community programming.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with agency partners, vendors, institutions, industry related groups, and other organizations.
• As appropriate, serve as an external ambassador or representative for Feeding Westchester.
Staff Management and Culture
• Ensure optimal structure, staffing, and skill sets in all departments, including the organization’s front-line and administrative functions.
• Provide leadership, strategic guidance, and mentoring for direct reports.
• Ensure ample professional development, support, and growth opportunities for individual team members across the organization.
• Foster a culture that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization and the work.
ABOUT THE CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER:
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader and skilled manager with a keen ability to direct and coordinate multiple organizational functions. The COO will have the communication skills necessary to plan and drive results across a range of internal departments, while also managing relationships with external agency partners and vendors. Past experience with financial planning and oversight is essential. Prior experience as a COO and/or in high-level operations-focused position is preferred.
The COO will bring:
• Passion and energy for Feeding Westchester’s mission, work, and programs.
• 10+ years of leadership and management expertise within operations, logistics, distribution, finance, programs, and/or human resources.
• A demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain partnerships with CEOs.
• Experience presenting to and engaging a Board of Directors and collaborating with fellow C-Suite Executives.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully establish organizational strategies, set metrics, and consistently deliver high-quality results.
• Versatile management experience, including an ability to lead and motivate a team with diverse areas of expertise.
• Exceptional communication skills with an ability to listen intently and delegate effectively.
• Experience in nonprofit environment is a plus, but not required.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $225,000-$250,000 commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: 200 Clearbrook Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523 (On-Site/Hybrid)
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence using this link: https://loxo.co/job/MTM0OTMtZGN5OGRqYzFsbmQ4Z3Rucw==?t=1679499687855
Feeding Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this job.