HSP Direct, an elite conservative, political, and non-profit fundraising agency based in Northern Virginia, is seeking a dynamic political professional to provide exceptional service and value to our campaign clients. The Political Strategist will play a central role in understanding our client’s unique fundraising goals and in developing direct mail programs that help fulfill our clients’ fundraising goals. HSP’s Political Department works directly with top-targeted races, high-profile candidates, and premier consultants, and has a real impact on campaigns across the country. If you are a committed conservative who wants to have a real impact in electoral politics and wants to join one of the most prestigious and trusted conservative direct mail agencies in the country, then this is your opportunity.
Additionally, HSP Direct offers a powerful, collaborative, and fun culture where entrepreneurs thrive and career growth is nearly unlimited. HSP Direct was recognized as a Top Work Place in 2019.
A successful Political Strategist will master the following responsibility areas:
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Serve as a trusted advisor to key accounts, becoming an irreplaceable piece of the client’s business
- Develop strategic fundraising plans based on client goals and oversee the execution of those plans
- Work collaboratively with copywriters, data providers, production, and accounting departments
- Grow business by identifying new business opportunities
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to develop strong, trusted relationships with clients and key contacts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence at all levels of the organization, specifically the executive level
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to lead and manage internal account teams, keeping marketing campaigns on track and communicating goals
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges and deliver client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong decision-maker
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Account management, sales, or fundraising experience is a plus
- Experience working for non-profits or political campaigns is a plus
If this challenge seems like a great fit for you and you would like a promising career path, please apply with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Cover letter and resume are required for consideration.
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Annual profit-sharing contribution
- Matching Gifts and Volunteer PTO
- Quarterly company-wide employee engagement activities
- Onsite fitness center
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. HSP Direct will not sponsor work visas.