No Remote or Sponsorship Available on this Position
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Security Engineering for a very stable role in critical infrastructure. The role will oversee a fantastic and well-established team of security engineers in a very collaborative environment and work with the infrastructure and security ops teams to develop leading-edge best practices.
- Manages a team of technical staff to provide communication solutions for the Company.
- Manages and plans the strategy of infrastructure technology within a dedicated discipline for use throughout the Company.
- Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company.
- Provides operational support for Company IT infrastructure systems and establishes roadmaps and strategy to sustain.
- Ensures integration within and between IT domains by assessing solution options and guiding the development of business solutions through innovative technology solutions.
- Establishes and/or collaborates on technical standards, development, integration and maintenance.
- Drives the development of architectures around one or more technology domains (e.g. Information Security, application, data, advanced technologies, Software As A Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, etc) &/or business process architectures.
- Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Monitors the IT, Information Security, & business industry as well as best practices; develops strategies for implementation.
- Communicates & influences strategic direction & can represent IR at senior executive level
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for the integration of business processes, applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor & internally developed applications.
- Manage projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards; manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance &/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews.
- Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IR groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed.
- Collaborate with Information Security leads and the Cyber Security Operations Center to achieve Information Security objectives.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Training and/or certification in one or more domains desired, e.g. application architecture, data architecture, IT Infrastructure, business/process architecture or redesign.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience designing, developing, implementing Information Security or Information Technology solutions. Required and
- Three (3) years supervisory / managerial experience required. Required and
- Thorough understanding of communication protocols and standards. Required and
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles. Required and
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components. Required and
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard implementations. Required and
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required and
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Required and
- Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required and
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Required and
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required and
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Cloud technologies, SIEM, and Threat Management Preferred and
Desired Soft Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Develops staff; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of junior technical staff
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment