Are you a molecular biologist or biochemist with vast experience in recombinant proteins?
Do you feel that you have outgrown your current position, or that your career has come to a standstill?
Are you passionate about your work and would like to see it applied on a global level with genuine benefits for humanity?
Would you like to work for a Spanish consolidated company that is keen to attract and nurture top scientific talent?
Why do you ask?
We are seeking to appoint a SENIOR RESEARCHER IN RECOMBINANT PROTEINS AND DIAGNOSTICS.
This rapidly growing biotechnology company began its life over twenty years as a spin-off of Salamanca University.
They hold distribution and licensing deals in over twenty countries around the world and boast a wide range of diagnosis and clinical research products.
Besides, they have led national and international research projects and received numerous awards for our work.
Their goal is to become a global leader in early diagnosis of cancer, infectious and immune system diseases.
Is this job for me?... Yes, if…
· You are specialist in cloning and mammalian recombinant protein expression and purification.
· You hold demonstrable knowledge and experience of relevant functions or, ideally, a doctorate.
Ok, so what can you offer me?
· An ongoing contract from the R&D Department, reporting directly to senior management
· Potential for career development, with excellent promotion prospects for a future with the company.
· Freedom to continue writing scientific articles while your research is applied to products available on the market.
· A pleasant, collaborative, innovative and stimulating work environment.
· A flexible starting time tailored to employees’ individual preferences, and a working day of 8 hours.
Who will I be working with?
Our dynamic, young multi-disciplinary team includes biologists, biochemists, engineers, IT specialists and economists, among others.
Where will I be working?
Known for its ornate sandstone architecture and the historical University of Salamanca, this ancient city is one of Spain’s most beautiful. Salamanca is a pleasant place to live, with good connections to Madrid, other cities in the region and Portugal.
What duties will I have?
You will be responsible for:
· Fine-tuning and optimising production protocols, purifying and characterising recombinant proteins in expression systems such as mammals, yeasts and insects.
· Generating expression vectors for recombinant protein production.
· Transforming cells with these vectors, cell culture for expression and purification of recombinant proteins.
· Conducting essential molecular biology techniques to evaluate the validity of the genome constructions and their effect on the cell line and characterisation of recombinant proteins.
Is there anything else I need to know?
· The offer is open exclusively to researchers with EU work permits.
· You should be a very self-reliant person who can bring something to the company, as you will be our main expert in your field.
· You will lead projects, so you will need to be very autonomous and proactive.
· A successful track record in obtaining public funding for previous research projects is also desirable.
How can I apply?
If interested, you can apply via the following link or by contacting Manolo Castellano at email@example.com or by phone (+34 623192540).
If you think this is the project for you, please attach your 2/3-page CV and a cover letter in two separated files.