Our client is a subsidiary of Global Fortune 150 company and they are a total Global IT service provider located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ with $5 Billion in revenue and 6000 employees globally. They are currently seeking a talented candidate for Magento Developer position.
Position: Magento Developer Lead
- Significant experience building solutions with Magento 2 with Magento’s best practice
- Understanding of Magento’s code structure, extension architecture, theme hierarchy and fallback components
- At least one Magento certification
- In depth knowledge in e-commerce and areas in payments, tax, authentication, pricing, stock, parcel, LMD and subscriptions
- In depth knowledge in B2C and understanding of lower systems such as ERP, WMS, TMS
- Experience in MQ with legacy systems
- Communicating and gathering requirement for any new enhancement or improvement in the application.
- Analyzing the requirement with other team members and then preparing the high level and low level design.
- Estimating the total efforts that would be required to complete the enhancement or improvement task within timeline.
- Designing and developing
- Analyzing and performing Impact Analysis.
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able to make modifications to them
- Reviewing the programs for Standards
- Strong familiarity with database systems and programming, including ecommerce platform
- Debugging programs
- Performing System & Web Traffic Testing.
- Evaluating and implementing new initiatives on process improvement and technology initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Methodologies
- Experience with micro-service architecture and its best practice
- Git, Jenkins, CICD Pipeline management experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge in both B2B is a plus
- Experience with other e-commerce solutions such as opencart / oscommerce / shopify / bigcommerce / fabric is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering: Preferred
- 3~7 years of experience in database-driven web development
Role & Responsibility:
- The candidate will be responsible for developing new website or implementation of improvements and enhancements to existing Magento website.
- You will collaborate with designers, usability specialist, project managers and application owners to create a high quality web site.
- Supports users and team members by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- You will be balancing multiple development projects and working with cross functional teams through all phases of development.
- You will perform the analysis, design and development of integrating web applications and the content management system.
- You must have a solid understanding of overall web site architecture, front end development, back end development and how to tune them for performance and availability.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; Must be familiar with SQL Queries, RDMS Maintenance, Linux shell, CRON, etc.
O/S: Linux, Docker, Vagrant
Languages/Scripts: PHP, Magento2, JQUERY, AJAX, Symfony, Zend Framework, KnockoutJS, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Elastic Search
DBMS: MySQL, Oracle
Web server: Apache, Nginx