Our client is one of the top global logistics service providers located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ with $3 Billion in revenue and they are currently searching for a highly motivated Load/Logistics Planner.
Load Planner is primarily responsible to building shipments and arranging transportation with
our service providers for all outbound shipments.
Utilizing TMS (Transportation Management System), and various reports, the planner will be
responsible for timely arrangement of the shipments and efficiently ensuring the delivery to
customer locations thought the U.S.A.
A candidate who can work under pressure of delivering to big and small box retailers, critical
thinker with efficient root cause analysis skills, proactive team player, and proficiently provide
quality customer service to clients will succeed in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, Outlook, TMS, WMS to coordinate, schedule, and assign loads based on required delivery dates, needed transit and equipment capacity
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointments with clients, handling any rescheduling
- Verify and manage load size, route, and destination in the most cost-effective manner
- Plan and assign load trips to available drivers guaranteeing feasible delivery time slots
- Provide service updates and answer inquiries from various parties
- Maintain good relationships with clientele and carrier base
- Optimize transportation methods based on shipment size and destination
- Daily communication with the carriers to ensure shipments stay on schedule.
- Ability to collect & review data efficiently in interpreting the information for planning and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 1+ years data entry (required)
- 2+ years of customer service in logistics/transportation/supply chain/procurement
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (intermediate or better preferred)
- Supply Chain Management system (TMS/WMS programs preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong Communication and Detail Oriented
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time-sensitive situations
- Problem solving and Critical thinking
Job Type: Temp to Hire / Direct Hire
Work Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM