The Process Engineer must provide direction, guidance, and support to all of the shift and day Process Technicians. The Process Engineer will apply continuous improvement methodology to enhance plant operations, supporting the specific plant goals in operational effectiveness (OE), job effectiveness (JE), safety and quality.
Includes but not limited to:
- Develop and implements methods for sampling, inspection, testing and evaluation of products.
- Initiates process improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs, improve quality and defect analysis.
- Execute all required duties while practicing safe work methods and adhering to all plant safety rules.
- Be the driver in investigating, proposing, procuring and launching new process and operations improvements (flexible automation and manual equipment) by developing specific metrics and conducting necessary audits. (new process)
- Assist development of technical training plan for process engineering and continuous improvement methodology (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Develop troubleshooting guides for maintenance and operations personnel for line use. Train and deploy these in the plant.
- Actively participate with the EHS team to lead projects that improve worker safety and minimize incident risk.
- Function as a change agent and systematically drive and implement change through cross functional efforts between the safety, manufacturing, and quality resource.
- Develop engineering documentation: PFMEA, Control Plans, Work Instructions, etc.
- Develop and maintain regular reports consistent with departmental needs to track progress and drive action on plant improvements.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and analytical approach
- Proven technical acumen
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical college diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Proven project management ability with concurrent project assignments
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training or certification
- Strong process or analytical systems experience
- Experience in high tech or solar manufacturing industry and startups