Our client is a Global Fortune 100 multinational Engineering and Construction company which contributes to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore, and nuclear power stations. They are building a $5.5 billion mega manufacturing facility (capacity of 8,000 employees) for Hyundai Motors in Georgia and they are seeking an experienced professional for the Civil Engineering position.
Primarily responsible for the oversight and management of the Mega plant Construction project including but not limited to planning, developing, and designing construction plans and specifications, review construction designs, and coordinate, organize, and manage the day-to-day construction process, and ensuring compliance with designs and plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education –Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related area.
• State approved license preferred.
• 2 years experience on live construction site preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with construction related documentation, submittals, drawings, reports, etc.
• Experience with subcontractor procurement and contract administration.
• In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
• Microsoft office experience (Word, Outlook, Excel).
• Exceptional leadership, time management, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and interactions with clients.
• Manage and maintain construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner.
• Prepare and implement project plans.
• Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
• Conduct the site inspection and analyze data (reports, tests, drawings and other).
• Promptly identify and resolve any emerging problems/deficiencies.
• Collaborate with design engineer and subcontractors to ensure projects progress properly.
• Monitor project progress and ensure design specifications, safety, and other standards are met.
• Confidently coordinate with clients and manage the performance of subcontractors.
• Review and maintain compliance with government regulations and ordinances.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the essential functions typically require sitting, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, handling tools or controls, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and include the physical ability to navigate active job sites and construction areas Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a variety of environments ranging from the office to construction sites, which may involve working near moving mechanical parts, equipment, or machinery on rough or uneven surfaces, and exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, odors, gas, oils, fumes, extreme temperatures, or heights. May occasionally be exposed to inclement or hazardous conditions including but not limited to inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, and intense noises and travel; requiring moderate physical activities.