Our client is a Global Fortune 100 multinational Engineering and Construction company which contributes to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore, and nuclear power stations. They are building a $5.5 billion mega manufacturing facility (capacity of 8,000 employees) for Hyundai Motors in Georgia and they are seeking an experienced candidate for the Project Control Engineer position.
Primarily responsible for analyzing data, writing reports, drawing up work schedules and budgets, delegating tasks, analyzing project specifications and finding cost-effective ways to meet them, liaising with contractors and suppliers, managing resources, and communicating with surveyors, managers, and other engineers.
• Education –Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related area.
• State approved license preferred.
• 2 years experience on live construction site preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with construction related documentation, submittals, drawings, reports, etc.
• Experience with subcontractor procurement and contract administration.
• Planning and project management skills.
• In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
• Microsoft office experience (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Exceptional leadership, time management, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Manage and coordinate projects in mega sites during several stages (Proposal/Construction/Completion/Handover).
- Manage contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc. when requested.
- Review drawings, make BOQs and organize budgets, and manage the overall process for bidding.
- Manage the invoice every month and check subcontractors’ changes.
- Review and closely analyze contract documentation including (drawings, specifications, engineering reports).
- Work with functional leaders and each project teams about project planning, building, design and ensure to meet target objectives, budget and timelines.
- Monitor and control project schedule and budget / Manage contracts / Maintain consistency and meet group standards & documents.
- Keep positive communications with all stakeholders and other internal/external departments.
- Confidently coordinate with clients and manage the performance of subcontractors.
- Review and maintain compliance with government regulations and ordinances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.