Our client is a Global Fortune 100 multinational Engineering and Construction company which contributes to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore, and nuclear power stations. They are building a $5.5 billion mega manufacturing facility (capacity of 8,000 employees) for Hyundai Motors in Georgia and they are seeking a Korean/English bilingual and experienced engineer for the Electrical Engineer position.
Electrical Assistant Engineer shall be eligible to sign all necessary documents for the electrical works in the construction site. They will assist overall electrical works such as conduit, wire, lightings, receptacles, switch boards and generators. They must also be involved in coordination with the approval/permit process for the project of government authorities and other related parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related area.
• State approved license preferred.
• 3 years experience on live construction site.
• Experience in Electrical Engineering in construction industry preferred.
• Experience with Korean company/culture (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with construction related documentation, submittals, drawings, reports, etc.
• Experience with subcontractor procurement and contract administration.
• In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
• Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and PDF experience.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Eligible to sign all necessary documents for the electrical works in the construction site.
• Assist overall electrical works such as conduit, wire, lightings, receptacles, switch boards and generators.
• Involved in coordination with the approval/permit process for the project of government authorities and other related parties.
• Familiar of CAD and Drawing review.
• Responsible for overall electrical permit management support.
• Coordination with internal parties such as construction team etc. of Hyundai Construction site.
• Electrical construction inspection work and supervision response.
• Schedule management and Factory inspection.
• Electrical knowledge for NEC.
• Safety and quality control with the Korean managers in the field.
• Check and sign (seal) electrical building permit documents.
• Review and maintain compliance with government regulations and ordinances.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the essential functions typically require sitting, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, handling tools or controls, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and include the physical ability to navigate active job sites and construction areas Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a variety of environments ranging from the office to construction sites, which may involve working near moving mechanical parts, equipment, or machinery on rough or uneven surfaces, and exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, odors, gas, oils, fumes, extreme temperatures, or heights. May occasionally be exposed to inclement or hazardous conditions including but not limited to inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, and intense noises and travel; requiring moderate physical activities.