The Operations Specialist I plays a pivotal role in achieving objectives to promote new franchise locations’ growth, sales, and profitability. Specialist manages locations to develop data-driven insights and drive short, medium, and long-term goals through market-specific business plans. Specialist spearhead the rollout of new product procedures and seasonal items while collaborating with management to achieve organizational targets. Emphasizing operational excellence, they identify and solve bottlenecks, communicate and implement standards, and ensure comprehensive store training. With proficiency in food handling safety and security standards, the Specialist efficiently schedules team members to optimize labor productivity and guest experience. Additionally, they play an active role in researching new trends, sourcing supply vendors, and expertly managing inventory and sales reports for strategic decision-making.
Roles & Responsibilities
Developing Organizational Goals & Business Plans:
- Achieve objectives in the areas of new unit store growth, sales and profitability by ensuring flawless execution of the market specific business plan.
- Manage the store to develop insights using data, analytics, knowledge, and past experiences to drive short, medium, and long-term goals and business planning for their markets.
- Accountable for rolling out new product seasonal products and procedures.
- Work with management and executives to set and achieve the organizational goals.
- Research for new trending items/ideas and find a way to implement them to the brand.
- Lead by example: Expected to exhibit exceptional service behaviors and ensure that every team member is also exhibiting these same behaviors.
- Responsible for leading the company's day-to-day business operations by filtering all decisions through the funnel of ensuring Operational Excellence
- Identify, solve, and implement lasting solutions to operational bottlenecks
- Communicate and implement changes to standards, policies, and follow up on all issues with the stores.
- Manage and update store SOP manual.
- Ensure stores have completed and implemented all current store level training programs.
- Responsible for the communication / training and follow up of all new product and promotions.
- Proficient in safety & security standards to ensure the safety of the team
- Efficiently schedule team members on a weekly basis to achieve desired labor productivity and guest experience scores.
- Arrange and assist with the training of newly hired employees.
- Develop and execute promotions and special events to boost sales and to exceed monthly sales targets.
- Search for new supply vendors for better quality and lower cost and build a strong relationship with the vendors.
- Expertly count monthly inventory to ensure accurate end of month reporting that allows the organization to be proactive in high-level decision making and goal setting.
- Monitor and analyze sales reports and P&L.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in hospitality management
- 2+ years of multi-unit operation management experience (required)
- Food & Beverage experience preferred.
- Managerial Food Handlers (required)
- NYC Food Handlers (required)
- SCA Certification (preferred)
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. (Bilingual Preferred: English, Korean)
- Experience in training and developing other leaders.
- Knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations and financial reporting.
- Superior analytical skills Strong analytical skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills, i.e.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% (most of site within NY and NJ, Overnight travel occasionally required)