Our client company is a global leader in professional quality beauty products and treatments, with brands available in over 100 countries worldwide and generating $500 million in revenue. They are currently seeking candidates to fill their Health and Safety Specialist position.
The Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment in the warehouse office. This role will develop, implement, and maintain health and safety programs and procedures, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
· Develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures, and programs for the warehouse office.
· Conduct regular inspections and audits of the workplace to identify hazards, assess risks, and implement appropriate controls.
· Provide guidance and training to employees on health and safety practices, policies, and procedures.
· Investigate accidents, incidents, and near-misses, and prepare detailed reports with recommendations for corrective actions.
· Collaborate with management and cross-functional teams to identify and address health and safety concerns and promote a culture of safety.
· Monitor compliance with applicable health and safety regulations, codes, and standards.
· Maintain accurate records and documentation related to health and safety activities, incidents, and training.
· Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes related to health and safety.
· Conduct regular safety meetings and communicate relevant information to employees and management.
· Participate in internal and external health and safety audits and inspections.
· Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
· Proven experience as a Health and Safety Specialist or similar role, preferably in a warehouse or industrial setting.
· Knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations, codes, and standards.
· Strong understanding of hazard identification, risk assessment, and control measures.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively train and educate employees.
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Proficiency in using health and safety management systems and tools.
· Certification in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g., NEBOSH, OSHA) is preferred.
· Physical ability to conduct site inspections and participate in emergency response activities, as required.