Our client is a Global Fortune 100 multinational Engineering and Construction company which contributes to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore, and nuclear power stations. They are building $5.5 billion mega manufacturing facility (capacity of 8,000 employees) for Hyundai Motors in Georgia and they are seeking a Korean/English bilingual candidate for the HSE Assistant Engineer position.
Primarily responsible for maintaining safety presence within the plant production facilities conducting investigations and inspections to ensure our compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal safety policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education –Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Construction Safety, Industrial Engineering, or related area.
• 10 years experience as HSE Engineer or similar role in the construction industry.
• Certifications in safety related discipline preferred.
• OSHA 1910 and 1926 standard experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and Windows operating systems.
• In-depth knowledge of construction industry practices, policies, and procedures.
• Detailed understanding of Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements.
• Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to speak Korean and English preferred.
• Maintain safety presence within the plant production facilities conducting investigations and inspections to ensure compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal safety policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.
• Implement HSE plan and procedures, policies.
• Develop and implement the project specific emergency action plan and associated contingency plans.
• Support Operations with Construction Safety Compliance.
• Support site with Contractor Safety Program Administration.
• Support/conduct Process Hazard/Risk Analyses.
• Support Weekend and night Work Planning. / Support ISO 45001 activities.
• Support High Hazard Work Plan development, providing technical safety recommendations and requirements.
• Support Fall Protection Program Administration / Support Mobile Crane and Rigging Program Administration.
• Conduct audits and inspections related to OSHA compliance.
• Review incident reports, conduct investigations, follow-up on implementation of countermeasures.
• Provide technical safety support to assigned responsibilities and other inquiries.
• Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance to appropriate safety and health standards and regulations.
• Investigate incidents and working conditions, compiling statistical data and providing remedial actions to achieve effective risk reduction solutions.
• Assist Leadership with the evaluation of safety concerns and Team Members’ safety inquiries
• Recommend corrective measures accordingly.
• Review and maintain compliance with government regulations and ordinances.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the essential functions typically require sitting, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, handling tools or controls, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and include the physical ability to navigate active job sites and construction areas Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a variety of environments ranging from the office to construction sites, which may involve working near moving mechanical parts, equipment, or machinery on rough or uneven surfaces, and exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, odors, gas, oils, fumes, extreme temperatures, or heights. May occasionally be exposed to inclement or hazardous conditions including but not limited to inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, and intense noises and travel; requiring moderate physical activities.