Business Unit or Function:
Direct/solid reporting line: CFO
Indirect/dotted reporting line: N/A
As a leader within the finance organization, reporting directly to the CFO, this position will require proven accounting and leadership skills in a fast-paced, collaborative environment by owning and managing the financial control and close activities of the global controllership function.
The Global Controller is responsible for owning and directing the accounting function globally. In addition to this position’s core responsibilities with financial reporting, this person will be required to drive initiatives, identify new process improvement opportunities, and provide performance coaching and development for the team.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position:
The Global Controller oversees the general ledger and provides accounting leadership and direction for the globe by:
- Ensuring the integrity of transactions contained within the global general ledgers through direct management of the entire global accounting team. Performing timely and robust risk-based analytical and quantitative reviews of financial performance at a global level.
- Controlling the global general ledger and reporting accurate US GAAP & IFRS compliant financials.
- Preparing and communicating financial results and analysis to the senior management team, as requested.
- Assists in development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
- Performing accounting research as needed and applying guidance to complex problems or projects, as necessary.
- Developing effective working relationships with finance employees in all sites and sub-functions, as well as with leaders across other functions and in the businesses.
- Owning the SAP FICO process through direct management of the FICO Manager. Working closely with IT to ensure that ERP system provides accurate, timely, and useful data.
- Demonstrating a keen ability to de-construct complex issues into straight-forward concepts and proposes plans of action to successfully navigate such matters in an organized and methodical framework;
- Lead annual external audit, mid-year reviews and statutory audits as well as serving as a liaison between the Company and external auditors to resolve complex global accounting and reporting issues.
- Demonstrating professional integrity when operating under pressure by challenging the status quo and questioning ideas and decisions to ensure the accuracy of financial information that governs the decision-making process for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as the Finance Champion to ensure compliance with relevant ISO standards.
- Serves as the primary Controllership representative and provides accounting and process guidance related to various restructuring and integration activities across the Company.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
For a global team, manages others by providing ongoing development, mentoring, and strong learning experiences by:
- Recruiting, motivating, and training a high performing staff.
- Serving as a resource to staff in order to facilitate their professional development.
- Leading the development of team goals and appraises performance results.
- Promoting a high level of ethical awareness and conduct.
- Champions learning and education by encouraging department team members to pursue and maintain professional accreditation and licensure, as appropriate.
Decision Making Authority:
· The Global Controller possesses advanced decision-making skills to be effective in their role. Decision-making includes accounting policy, risk assessments, process flows, and issue resolution.
Key Metrics Role is Accountable For:
· Accurate financial reporting and analysis, SOX compliance, successful audit, issue resolution.
· CFO Leadership team, key senior management in the Business and other corporate functions, global finance personnel, Board of Directors, and Auditors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· 10-15 years of progressive accounting/finance work experience, including:
o 8+ years of experience in an accounting/finance department of a manufacturing business with a complex, multi-site global footprint
o 5+ years of experience in an accounting/finance department of a publicly listed company
· Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SOX.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability in guiding global team members to effectively accomplish performance goals. Proven history influencing resources in other finance and functional teams.
· Exceptional knowledge of financial statement assertions and effective internal control structures; ability to apply these principles to the controllership function.
· Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing accounting process and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to translate company’s operational results and decisions into accurate accounting books and records.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
· Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
· Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
· Master’s in Accounting preferred
· CPA license
· Supervisory experience managing a team, with exposure outside of the United States
· Fluency with the Korean language is preferred