The Production Engineer, under the direction of the Production Manager will provide support in the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing process. The Production Engineer will collect, validate, analyze, and organize data into meaningful reports for management decision making. Duties include creating production schedules, conferring with department supervisors to determine the progress of work and completion dates, inventory levels and solving production problems. The Production Engineer also compiles information into operational reports and leads cross-departmental initiatives to meet building-wide goals. Ideal candidate possesses strong background in Operations, Planning/Scheduling, Program Management, Continuous Improvement and Data Analytics.
• Work closely with production management in both ongoing reporting, as well as in the development of analytical tools to enhance production volume and profitability.
• Identify production issues, analyze root causes and drive resolutions.
• Work with Production Manager in budget analysis and preparation; development of operating goals for productivity, quality and safety.
• Compile and analyze company data and create reports for management’s review
• Provide production line support including, but not limited to, implementing process improvements, troubleshooting equipment, and addressing operator inquiries.
• Utilize LEAN, Six Sigma, and other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Lead the implementation of new manufacturing initiatives, including strategic resource allocation and applying good manufacturing principles, organization structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best practice.
• Keeps records, manages direct and indirect labor costs, coordinates with other departments to ensure material availability, staffing, capacity, machine availability and profitability.
• Analyze statistical trends to develop KPIs with internal partners to set performance benchmarking.
• Work with planning and scheduling, developing complete production plans, assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems and reporting results of production processes.
• Creation of mechanisms to improve production and streamline workflow
• Identify and develop new reporting methods, templates, and tools to drive improvement across all business areas.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q Cells.
• Perform other duties and special project, as assigned by management.
• 0-5 years of experience in Operations Lead/Analyst/Supervisor Role.
• Impeccable math and analytic skills.
• Must be comfortable with integrating new technology into an existing business environment.
• Strong data analysis, data verification, problem-solving abilities.
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Lean/Six Sigma.
• Advanced proficiency in using ERP/MES systems.
• Able to stand and walk the production area throughout the workday
• Able to lift to 50 pounds without restriction
• Reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting as required within limits set by Q Cells
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Ability to filter “Big Data” and interpret for data driven decision making.
• Extensive experience implementing new programs and data systems.
• Ability to utilize abstract reasoning techniques to build reporting logic and establish creative solutions to new problems.
• Ability to learn various software applications required for quality and performance reporting and analysis.
• The ability to work with ambiguous data sets and information, using people skills and intuition to navigate solutions.