Responsible for the manual set up and operations of a slitting equipment to cut material according to customer’s specified dimensions based on production work order while ensuring that safety, quality, and production standards are met.
• Sets up and operates a manual slitting machine to cut the coil into strips of specified widths based on the production job order.
• Reconcile coil identity (stainless or regular steel) for production and load coil.
• Monitor and maintain production and quality standards by measuring and verifying before, during, and after the process by:
• Direct Operator Helper on how to stage coils to be processed for maximum efficiency.
• Safely operate a forklift to stage and store material and overhead crane to transport coils to packaging.
• Use precision when operating tools such as tape measures, micrometers, nibblers, and calipers.
• Cross-train the Machine Operator and Operator Helper.
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace by applying the 5S (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, and sustain working area).
• Ensure quality inspections are being done consistently, take photos of the label, sides & front before loading and unloading the line.
• Demonstrate the ability to properly lockout all areas of slitter and dangers associated with working around the blades and knife sections of the machine.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or closely related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member.