Our client company is a global leader in professional quality beauty products and treatments, with brands available in over 100 countries worldwide and generating $500 million in revenue. They are currently seeking candidates to fill their Inventory Manager position.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of inventory control within the warehouse. This includes managing the inbound, receiving processes, as well as the inventory control. The Inventory Manager ensures accurate inventory levels, efficient stock replenishment, and effective inventory management processes.
• Develop and implement inventory control strategies and procedures to optimize inventory accuracy and efficiency.
• Oversee the receiving process, ensuring that all received goods are checked against purchase orders and inspected for missing or damaged items.
• Coordinate the relocation and distribution of received inventory to the appropriate storage areas using manual or electric pallet jacks.
• Utilize forklifts to retrieve and put away inventory on high racks, ensuring proper storage and organization.
• Monitor inventory levels and coordinate with purchasing and logistics teams to ensure timely replenishment of stock.
• Conduct regular cycle counts and physical inventory checks to maintain inventory accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
• Implement inventory control measures to prevent stockouts, overstocking, and obsolescence.
• Analyze inventory data and generate reports on inventory performance, stock movement, and trends.
• Train and supervise the inventory team, providing guidance and support to ensure smooth operations.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as operations, finance, and sales, to align inventory management with business goals and requirements.
• Implement and maintain inventory management software systems to enhance inventory tracking and reporting capabilities.
• 5+ experience in inventory management within a warehouse or distribution environment.
• Strong knowledge of inventory control principles, procedures, and best practices.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
• Effective leadership and supervisory skills to manage and motivate a team.
• Proficiency in using inventory management software and systems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various teams.
• Forklift license and experience operating material handling equipment.
• Physical ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and work in a warehouse environment.