Our client is a Global Fortune 100 multinational Engineering and Construction company which contributes to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore, and nuclear power stations. They are building a $5.5 billion mega manufacturing facility (capacity of 8,000 employees) for Hyundai Motors in Georgia and they are seeking a Korean/English bilingual candidate for the HSE Engineer position.
Primarily responsible for maintaining safety presence within the plant production facilities conducting investigations and inspections to ensure our compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal safety policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.
- Education –Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Construction Safety, Industrial Engineering, or related area.
- 5+ years experience as HSE Engineer or similar role in the construction industry.
- Certifications in safety related discipline preferred.
- OSHA 500
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and Windows operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry practices, policies, and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak Korean and English preferred.
- Maintain safety presence within the plant production facilities conducting investigations and inspections to ensure compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal safety policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.
- Implement HSE plan and procedures, policies.
- Develop and implement the project specific emergency action plan and associated contingency plans.
- Support Operations with Construction Safety Compliance.
- Support site with Contractor Safety Program Administration.
- Support/conduct Process Hazard/Risk Analyses.
- Support Weekend and night Work Planning. / Support ISO 45001 activities.
- Support High Hazard Work Plan development, providing technical safety recommendations and requirements.
- Support Fall Protection Program Administration / Support Mobile Crane and Rigging Program Administration.
- Conduct audits and inspections related to OSHA compliance.
- Review incident reports, conduct investigations, follow-up on implementation of countermeasures.
- Provide technical safety support to assigned responsibilities and other inquiries.
- Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance to appropriate safety and health standards and regulations.
- Investigate incidents and working conditions, compiling statistical data and providing remedial actions to achieve effective risk reduction solutions.
- Assist Leadership with the evaluation of safety concerns and Team Members' safety inquiries.
- Recommend corrective measures accordingly.
- Review and Maintain compliance with government regulations and ordinances.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.