Our client is a Memphis based investment firm serving individuals, business owners, foundations and non-profits. They are searching for an Investment Portfolio Associate to evaluate and research trends and opportunities for their clients. In this role, you will perform research, valuations, and appraisals of financial instruments, markets, and businesses and interact with other team members to deliver quality investment directives to clients and business.
To ensure success as an Investment Portfolio Associate you should be well-versed in portfolio management, have a keen eye for detail, and be proactive in finding investment opportunities. A top-notch investment analyst performs well under pressure, possesses creative and analytical abilities, and can adapt their thinking to quickly evolving scenarios.
Investment Portfolio Associate Responsibilities:
· Coordinate meetings with investment managers
· Prepare presentations for prospects
· Maintain manager due diligence
· Assist with quarterly investment meeting
· Assist in trading of publicly traded securities
· Assist in investment research
· Assist in reporting as needed (Black Diamond)
· Assist in monitoring exposure for individual portfolios and firm as a whole
· Assist in creating quarterly investment meeting
· Monitor market trends
· Help maintain firm records
· Assist in running internal reports
· Identify ways to improve overall firm efficiency/performance
· Assist in formulating financial plans
· Assist in quarterly investment/ad hoc commentary and articles
Investment Portfolio Associate Requirements:
· A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or accounting preferred
· Series 65 license preferred
· Interest in financial markets
· 1-3 years experience
· Strong mathematical and numerical skills.
· Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
· Excellent research and writing abilities.
· A flair for statistics and data manipulation.
· Thorough understanding of financial analysis and investment strategy.
· Interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure.
· A team player who can work independently.