Our client is seeking a Bank Operations Manager with high level leadership in all parts of bank operations. The Bank Operations Manager is a senior level position overseeing multiple layers of the organization. This could be a Director level position for the right candidate. The Bank Operations Manager has the overall responsibility for leading and supervising the daily operations of the Deposit Operations, Loan Servicing, Payment Operations, Wire Desk, Customer Care Center, and Branch Support teams. Provides day to day leadership for Operations Managers and Staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads day-to-day activities of a high visibility multi-function, multi-team operations department.
- Manages processing activities and teams to insure timely and accurate processing of daily operational requirements.
- Works with and directs team members to develop and improve processes and procedures that meet compliance, legal and customer service targets.
- Supervises staff including: hiring recommendations, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Works with Technology, Credit, Compliance, Legal, Audit and other business partners to manage the implementation of company’s policy and procedures, to include execution of overall strategy, regulatory compliance. expense controls and meeting financial and compliance standards.
- Supports various bank platforms and applications by serving as business owner and/or administrator, and complies with all vendor management requirements as business owner.
- Participates in industry and professional associations and with peer bank counterparts to remain current on pertinent developments in the operations function of banking.
- Develops and implements efficient, technology driven solutions for daily responsibilities within all bank operations areas.
- Maintains regulatory compliance and information security standards of supervised areas.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, Finance or Banking.
- 10 years+ Banking experience, with a strong background in Deposits preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a management capacity.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements related to deposit and loan products.
- Strong communication skills and leadership talent.
- The ability to build rapport with others in core departments and with internal and external business partners.
- Good organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize, as well as ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to make decisions regarding operational and administrative risks as it relates to deposits and loans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with applicable computer software such as Microsoft Office and core banking software.