The Inside Sales Representative is the Company's face to the customer. Responsible for revenue generation by engaging customers and matching their needs to Company’s capabilities. At all times, a high degree of professionalism is required.
The focus of the position will be on customer relationships. Every transaction must be handled with utmost care and transparency. To ensure compliance, all applicants will spend a minimum of 90 days learning our culture, processes, policies, and customer offerings. The position will work in a team environment which will include Supply Chain, Logistics / Warehouse, and Accounting. The position does require a broad knowledge of the overall operation. The position is compensation with a base salary and monthly commissions.
· Operates that portion of the main process from generating sales leads and customer RFQ’s to winning bookable customer purchase orders for outright and exchange sales.
· Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
· Promote and sell Company’s products and services to existing and prospective customers
· Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
· Works with the Outside Sales Team as well as independently to build and maintain a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
· Follows up on quotes, leads, and marketing campaigns including using proactive cold calling
· Employs brokering directly as necessary with vendors and suppliers to create competitive quotes to customers.
· Communicates opportunities to add offerings to Product Management team with an expectation to hear Product Management’s response regarding pursuit or not of the same.
· Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; monitors the handling of customers’ post-order issues or needs by the appropriate party or 3rd party”.
· Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
· Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, updating customer profiles, lost business (call tracking), and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
· Will be required work the on-call phone a minimum one week per month. Does not require coming into the office, but inputting the order and notifying warehouse.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Customer Focused
- Active Listening
- Team Player
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude under pressure
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legal to work in the US.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a customer service or sales role
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook software offerings required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to sit and type at a computer terminal for long periods of time utilizing close vision to review reports and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.