The Internal Audit Specialist is responsible for augmenting and assisting with the planning and execution of audits of financial and operational procedures, as well as providing control consultation on risks and controls throughout the Bank. The successful candidate for this role will be primarily responsible for testing internal controls in compliance with FDICIA requirements.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning stages for key segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing both risk and regulatory requirements, and assist in designing audit programs.
- Administer and execute part or all of certain financial and operational audits.
- Aid external auditors by responding to general audit questions, supporting their efforts to rely on Internal Audit work, assisting in the annual confirmation process, and otherwise as needed.
- Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, ensuring findings are appropriately documented, and recommending value-added solutions.
- Ensure overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Track and report on audit finding remediation progress.
- Remain current and increase knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization, as well as in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
- Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar discipline.
- Three or more years of experience in internal and/or external auditing.
- Relevant certification preferred (e.g., CIA, CPA, etc.).
- Banking industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional certifications preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.