We are seeking an astute and accomplished Finance Director to join our team at our rapidly expanding cannabis enterprise. The successful appointee will oversee treasury operations, manage accounts receivables and payables, direct financial risk management, provide authoritative accounting supervision, and guarantee prompt project execution.
This role will further require expertise in streamlining financial operations and contributing strategic advice on potential areas for growth.
- Supervise treasury operations, accounts receivables, and payables, ensuring efficient financial management.
- Post and validate journal entries, guaranteeing all business transactions are meticulously recorded.
- Perform regular reconciliations of business transactions and ensure all finances are in check.
- Prepare monthly profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, and inventory reports.
- Facilitate monthly closing processes and contribute to the preparation of board materials.
- Review and compile financial data to guarantee accuracy and compliance with pertinent regulations.
- Undertake special projects as required, concurrently managing routine project responsibilities.
- Devise and manage annual and quarterly financial forecasts, monitoring company operations to ensure adherence to these financial constraints.
- Identify and address potential inefficiencies within the finance department, and propose, and orchestrate improvement strategies.
- Liaise with HR to oversee the payroll process.
- Coordinate and conduct financial audits, providing required financial data for all other audits.
- Participate in special projects led by the CEO, aimed at enhancing the business's financial health.
- Formulate and execute financial planning, strategic investment decisions, comprehensive budget management, and preparation for tax filing.
- Perform financial analysis to optimize cost of goods sold (COGS) and boost profitability.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant study is preferred but not essential.
- Accounting designation is preferred, but not essential.
- Food, Beverage, CPG and/or cannabis experience a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar financial role.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is a must.
- The ability to work from our office in Poulsbo, WA is required.
- Health & dental benefits
- Company Phone
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.