We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Quality Assurance Professional (QAP) to join our team in the Canadian cannabis industry. The QAP will play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality, safety, and regulatory compliance of our cannabis products from cultivation to distribution.
- Assure and implement all company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Forms, performed batch/lot releases, and investigated all Customer Complaints, and Adverse Reactions.
- Assure cannabis product quality throughout the cultivation, harvesting, processing, and packaging stages, by enforcing GPP, GACP and GDP.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive Quality Assurance Program in accordance with Health Canada's regulations.
- Conduct regular quality control checks and inspections throughout the cannabis production process, including cultivation, processing, and packaging.
- Ensure that all products meet or exceed quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all quality control activities, test results, and product documentation.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of batch records and product labels in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Stay updated with current cannabis regulations and guidelines set by Health Canada.
- Ensure the facility and operations remain compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Coordinate with regulatory authorities during inspections and audits.
- Develop and conduct training programs for staff on quality assurance and compliance procedures.
- Promote a culture of quality and compliance throughout the organization.
- Oversee product testing and analysis, including but not limited to potency, contaminants, and microbial testing.
- Collaborate with external laboratories and internal teams to ensure accurate and timely testing.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to enhance product quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Implement corrective and preventive actions as needed.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on quality assurance activities and compliance status to senior management and regulatory authorities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality assurance, preferably in the cannabis or pharmaceutical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Health Canada's Cannabis Regulations.
- Security Cleared
- Strong understanding of quality management systems (QMS) and Good Production Practices (GPP).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and committed to maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance.
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
White Ash Group and the companies it represents are Equal Employment Opportunity employers that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.