ABOUT THE JOB:
Our client is seeking a Corporate Controller to join our Corporate Team. The controller is responsible for managing accounts payable, receivable, and all financial instruments & recording. This person will lead, build, and manage our client's accounting department. Their business assets include dispensaries, outdoor cultivation facilities, and a large manufacturing facility. There will be limited travel to where our outdoor cultivation and second dispensary will be located.
· Preparation of monthly financial reporting package to include a balance sheet, income statement, P&Ls broken out for each business vertical, variance to the budget report, cash flow forecast, breakeven analysis, and backlog.
· The Controller and CFO will also work hand in hand to ensure timely accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks
· Prepare monthly financial closings
· Aid in the recording of all transactions in Quick Books
· Work directly with COO in financial planning
· Preparation of the yearly financial statements
· Maintenance of the General Ledger
· Monitors the company’s internal control environment to ensure compliance with the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission financial regulations
· Works with banking partners to maintain compliance and working relationship
· Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all financial systems, processes, and data.
· Assists with the implementation of changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the Company
· Works with company accountants to prepare annual taxes
· Oversees the preparation of all related payroll tax reports and other necessary reporting requirements relating to payroll
· Manage all company audits
· Responsible for coordination and preparation of information needed for various audits including but not limited to worker’s compensation audits and sale tax audits.
· Must have 5-7 years of experience working in a private company or in a public accounting firm
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
· Excellent Excel spreadsheet experience
· CPA certification, preferred and working knowledge of GAAP
· Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and bank working knowledge
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Forensic accounting experience a plus
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with experience managing people
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to influence and negotiate
· Detail-oriented and able to create the key functions of an accounting department
· Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a complete manner
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Must have superb working experience with Quick Books
· Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
· Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
White Ash Group and the companies we represent believe that corporate communities should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement.